Biology A level at St Dominic's Sixth Form College
The Science Department is a very large department in the college. The success rate is excellent and every year a considerable number of students go on to study science degree courses. The students receive a wealth of support to prepare them for science related degree courses, including preparation for BMAT, UKCAT and Olympiad examinations. The department prides itself on offering a great deal of support to students outside of lesson time.
The Science Department is a centre of excellence with outstanding facilities and links to London Universities.
OCR Biology A level content is split into six teaching modules:
- Modules 1 to 4 constitute the stand-alone AS Level qualification;
- Modules 1 to 6, combined with the Practical Endorsement, constitute the full A level.
The modules can be summarised as:
- Module 1: Development of practical skills.
- Module 2: Foundations in biology
- Module 3: Exchange and Transport.
- Module 4: Biodiversity, evolution and disease.
- Module 5: Communication, homeostasis and energy.
- Module 6: Genetics, evolution and ecosystems.
7 GCSEs at C or above, including Englsh Language, and
B in mathematics and BB in science double
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Dominic's Sixth Form College directly.