Applied Science BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at City of Wolverhampton College
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Physiology of human regulation and reproduction
- Chemistry for biology technicians
- Electrical circuits and their applications
- Genetics and genetic engineering
- Medical physics techniques
- Chemical laboratory techniques
- Chemical periodicity and its applications
- Using statistics in science
- Clinical psychology
If you want a career in medical science, forensic science or as a science technician in a laboratory, the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma will help you to develop practical and analytical skills required by employers in the profession.
You will learn how to carry out practical tasks and investigations, analyse data, develop a variety of scientific techniques and apply your knowledge to real life situations which will develop your laboratory skills to a high standard.
Completion of the course will enable you to pursue a career as a science technician in a laboratory or progress to a higher education qualification such as an HNC, HND or university degree and go on to a career in nursing, radiography, pharmacy, chemical engineering, biochemistry, veterinary science or forensics.
To access the course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses) or
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science
- You will also be required to attend a college interview and undertake an assessment to determine your level of knowledge and understanding
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation of practical sessions, written assessments assignments and research.
Completion of the qualification will enable you to:
- Progress to a higher education qualification such as a HNC, HND or university degree
- Apply for a job as a science technician in a laboratory
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.