Law - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to understand the legal system? Would you like a challenging career in law? This course enables you to study major aspects of the English legal system, examining their structure and operation. You will also learn about selected areas of substantive law and its defining features.
The course is designed to give you a good background in law and develop your understanding of its operation in society. This will prepare you for Higher Education study, as well as for a rewarding career. Law is a highly regarded subject, and will be valuable in a wide range of contexts. It is also a dynamic and fascinating subject with a huge impact on many aspects of our lives.
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment).
- The minimum entry requirement is 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, to include Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st language). Specific additional entry requirements will be discussed with you at interview.
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level
- All students should be interested in the subject and willing to work hard.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This course is assessed through a range of activities which can include:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation.
There will be 2 formal external exams at the end of year 1 and year 2.
Whether you study the full A Level or just the AS Level, the course adds to your qualifications and helps you to progress. You will gain UCAS points and be able to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions.
If you choose to continue your studies in a related subject, you will be able to progress onto a university course in Law or a professional course in this area. Eventual career options would include working as a lawyer, or in another professional role within a range of contexts, including the courts, the criminal justice system, and business sector.Career opportunities
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Programme code: 0014C03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.