IT User Skills ECDL Advanced Level 3 Certificate at King Edward VI Community College
This qualification is a level 3 Certificate that covers high level IT user skills and applications commonly used in many businesses. Completing this qualification will develop your understanding and capability in the use of IT and teach you how to use the software efficiently. This qualification is designed for people who are looking to gain an advanced level understanding and capability in the use of IT applications that are a requirement in many job roles across many different sectors today.
You will complete five specific level 3 units from the ITQ framework:
- Word Processing Software
- Spreadsheet Software
- Presentation Software
- Database Software
- Improving Productivity Using IT
Each unit will be assessed through a one hour practical on-screen test.
By completing this qualification, you will develop advanced IT user knowledge and skills you need to work productively in a managerial job role that requires the expert use of common IT software applications. You can expect to develop skills including:
- How to use IT tools to improve productivity and work more effectively; such as using automated tools and advanced features of software applications.
- How to realise the full potential of spreadsheet software to produce high-quality management information.
- How to exploit the advanced features of word processing software to enhance work, improve productivity and save time.
- How to use advanced features to create high-impact presentations, and demonstrate expert presentation skills.
- How to use advanced tools available within database software to organise and manage information.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification however it is recommended that you have previously studied an IT qualification at level 2.
Students will learn through practical activities designed to cover the range of advanced skills necessary to pass the tests. There will also be practice tests so students can identify when they are ready to take the actual tests.
By completing this qualification you will be demonstrating that you have the advanced IT skills to competently carry out a managerial job role with a range of employers. You may also progress to further learning at level 4, studying similar IT qualifications or other unrelated courses. This qualification also attracts 40 UCAS points.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact King Edward VI Community College directly.