Spanish A-Level at Dallam School
Aim of the course:
- develop an interest in, and enthusiasm for, language learning
- develop understanding of the language in a variety of contexts and genres
- communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in the language for a range of purposes
- develop awareness and understanding of the contemporary society, cultural background and heritage of countries or communities where the language is spoken
- consider their study of the language in a broader context
Aspects of Hispanic Society
- Modern and traditional values
- Equal rights
Artistic culture in the Hispanic world
- Modern day idols
- Spanish regional identity
- Cultural heritage or cultural landscape
Aspects of political life
- Today’s youth, tomorrow’s citizens
- Monarchies, republics and dictatorships
- Popular movements
Students will also study texts and film and will carry out independent research on an area of their choice.
You should have achieved an A*- C grade in at least five subjects at GCSE level, including a C or above in Spanish or the equivalent national qualification.
Languages can be studied in combination with almost any subject increasing your future careers possibilities in a global, competitive job market.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dallam School directly.