Geography A Level at City of Bristol College
This course is a balance between physical and human geography, though some specialism is possible in the second year. We cover contemporary and traditional geography
- Fieldwork is an integral part of the course, including day trips to Bristol, Mendips, Sand Bay and Berrow Sands
- Two residential trips: one in the first year to Devon for three days and one trip in the second year to Dartmoor, also for three days
- Optional trips to New York and Washington DC
- An emphasis on the dynamic nature of geography
- Topics include climate change, migration, sustainability, sweatshops, tectonics and much more
- 6 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and maths
- We will accept GCSE merit in place of one of the GCSE passes at grade C or above
- GCSE geography is preferred, but is not essential.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Bristol College directly.