Preparation For Employment In The Construction Industries Diploma - Level 1 at Crawley College
You’ll get to know all aspects of the construction industry including bricklaying, plastering, carpentry and painting, so you’re ready to choose the trade for you. You’ll also gain a solid understanding of how the construction industry trades work together, vital for boosting your employability.
This course is mainly practical based with some theory.
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.
You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grade E and F, including English and Maths.
Upon successful completion of this course you will have the opportunity to progress onto the following courses.
- Brickwork Level 1 Diploma
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 1 Diploma
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.