Administration (Business Professional) OCR Level 3 Diploma at Isle of Wight College
This qualification is suitable for those who wish to develop knowledge, understanding and skills of complex administrative functions and activities which will enable them to carry out a range of non-routine administrative tasks in a senior job role.
The course provides students with a high quality, industry-recognised qualification. It provides valuable opportunities for individuals to develop skills and gain underpinning knowledge and understanding in administration and business, which will support entry into the business and administration workplace.
The units you will undertake cover a range of topics, examples of which are shown below:
- Principles of personal responsibilities and how to develop and evaluate own performance at work
- Principles of working with and supervising others in a business environment
- Principles of managing information and producing documents in a business environment
- Principles of providing and maintaining administrative services
- Principles of budgets in a business environment
Alongside the main qualification, learners will study the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Employability Skills. This is an accredited course which aims to enhance and develop a broad range of skills essential for the working environment.
Learners on this course will also undertake mandatory work placements as part of their progamme to build on their administration skills and to gain vital industry experience.
Students should have at least one of the following:
- Level 2 Diploma in Administration plus GCSE English at C or equivalent and Maths at D or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs including English at Grade C or equivalent and Maths at D or equivalent
- Administration experience plus GCSE English at C or equivalent and Maths at D or equivalent
Current Isle of Wight College students must have successfully completed Functional Skills from their previous course and must have attendance of 87% or higher, evidence of recent academic study, good interpersonal skills, the ability to work with others, a commitment to, or an interest, in a career in the Administration sector.
This course is focused on developing your skills and knowledge in terms of business and office administration. Assessment is via assignment and portfolio based evidence for the administration theory and via written assignments for the certificate in employability skills.
£75 materials fee which will cover enrichment activities/trips plus an end of year celebration event.
This course is endorsed by the Council for Administration, the sector body for business and administration. It provides candidates with the essential underpinning knowledge and understanding that would be needed by a competent employee functioning in administrative and supervisory job roles. It could lead to:
- Administration Supervisor
- Administrative Team Leader
- High level position in the administrative field
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.