Sports Coaching Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This course is designed for individuals that want to experience working within the sports industry as well as study for a level three qualification. There are set units to be completed.
This qualification consists of six units:
- Health, Safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Anatomy and Physiology for exercise
- Planning health-related exercise and physical activity for children and instructing health – related exercise and physical activity to children.
4 GSCEs will be required at grade D or equivalent or above and must include English and Maths.
You will be assessed in a number of different ways, these will include assignments, assessments that are completed online and practical sessions. .
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Once the qualification is completed there are progression opportunities that are available, these include Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Sports Coaching, full time Level 3 Sport course or going on and working within the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.