Level 2 Warehousing & Storage Apprenticeship at Leeds City College
As a warehouse operative the aim of this apprenticeship would be to work as part of a team. You may be required to load/unload vehicles.
You will also have delegated responsibility for the correct selection and packing of customer orders, ensuring they are ready on time. You will be responsible for health & safety of your workplace, you may be using forklift trucks and packing systems.
In order to achieve a full Apprenticeship you must successfully complete the different parts of the framework over 12 to 15 months.
This consists of sector related industry qualifications:
Competence and Knowledge qualification
Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage
- Health, Safety and Security at Work
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues in logistics operations
Option Group 1
- Pick Goods in Logistic Operations
- Wrap and Pack Goods in Logistic Operations
- Place Goods in Storage in Logistics Operations
- Process Orders for Customers in Logistics Operations
- Assemble Orders for Dispatch in Logistics Operations
Option Group 2
- Maintain the Cleanliness of Equipment in Logistics Operations
- Keep Work Areas Clean in Logistics Operations
- Maintain Hygiene Standards in Handling and Storing Goods in Logistics Operations
Option Group 3
- Moving and/or Handling Goods in Logistics Operations
- Use Equipment to Move Goods in Logistics Operations
- Use a Compact Crane in Logistics Operations
- Use a Forklift Side-Loader in Logistics Operations
- Use a Hoist in Logistics Operations
- Use an Industrial Forklift Truck in Logistics Operations
Optional Group 4
- Keep Stock at Required Level in Logistics Operations
- Check Stock Level and Stock Records
Optional Group 5 (minimum of 6 credits to be achieved)
- Operate Equipment to Perform Work Requirements in Logistics Operations
- Receive Goods in Logistics Operations
- Process Returned Goods in Logistics Operations
- Sort Goods and Materials for Recycling or Disposal in Logistics Operations
- Contribute to the Provision of Customer Service in Logistics Operations
- Principles of Food Safety in Logistics
- Maintain the Safety and Security of Hazardous Goods
- Supervise the receipt, storage or dispatch of goods
- The Optional units are chosen by the employer to reflect your job role
Functional Skills qualifications
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test. Employment in a warehousing and logistics establishment.
A wide range of assessment methods are used in the workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies or alternatively you can complete the online application form or e-mail a copy of your cv to the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918
Our apprenticeship routes are changing throughout the year, stay up to date online
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.