Business A Level at Paget High School
A course for students who wish to develop their understanding of the internal functions of business organisations, the dynamic external environment within which a business operates and major topical issues that can generate change for business organisations.
Business Paper 1, 2 and 3:
- What is a business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
Assessment of all units is by examinations which will be taken in June. Grades are the familiar ‘A’ level grades of A* to E.
Students do not need to have studied Business Studies in KS4.
Students pursue studies at degree level at university or move into employment in areas such as accounting, human resources, marketing and business operations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Paget High School directly.