Biology A-Level at The Ockendon Academy & Studio School
Studying biology will give you the skills to make connections and associations with all living things around you.
Biology literally means the study of life and if that’s not important, what is?
· Biological molecules
· Organisms exchange substances with their environment
· Genetic information, variation and relationships
· Energy transfers in and between organisms
· Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
· Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
· The control of gene expression
GCSE Science (Core and Additional) or Triple Science with an entry-level grade BB or above. (Where Triple Science has been studied, grade B must be achieved in the Biology element)
There is no coursework on this course. However, your performance during practicals will be assessed. There are three exams at the end of the two years for A-level, all of which are two hours long. At least 15% of the marks for A-level Biology are based on what you learned in your practicals.
Biology is a key subject for many careers in the medical and pharmaceutical industry. It is also a preferred subject for entry to university to study nursing or medicine.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.