Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This qualification is for learners who work in the childcare sector, it will confer occupational competence and assess development of knowledge and skills relating to level 3 diploma for the early years workforce (early years educator)
The qualification involves detailed analysis of high level information and knowledge related to learners work and study.
This Apprenticeship is made up of the following four components:
CACHE Level 3 Early Year Educator
Mandatory Units - The Core units are:
- Support healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition.
- Support healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
- Support physical care routines for children
- Promote children's emotional well-being
- Understand how to support children who are unwell
- Understand legislation relating to the safe guarding, protection and welfare of children
- Use legislation relating to the health and safety of children
- Follow legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Working in partnership
- Understand the value of play in early years
- Plan, lead and review play opportunities which support children's learning and development.
- Promote enabling play environment
- Developing children's emergent literacy skills
- Developing children's emergent maths skills
- Support children's transitions to school
- Develop children's cognitive skills
- Promote children's speech, language and communication
- Promoting children's physical development
- Promoting children's personal and social and emotional development
- Support children with additional needs
- Use observation, assessment and planning to promote the development of children
- use longitudinal studies to observe, assess and plan for children's needs.
- Engage In professional development
3. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
4. Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS) embedded in the Diploma
Telephone interview is required. Learners must be aged 16 years and older.
Learners should be working a minimum of 30hrs each week in Childcare.
GCSE grades A*-C in English, maths and functional skills level 2 ICT
Completion of Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce.
Production of a Portfolio of evidence demonstrating understanding and competence in practice. Methods of evidence include: Direct Observation by Assessor, Reflective Accounts, Professional Discussions with Assessor, Work Products, Cache Assignment Tasks.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Higher level jobs within the sector e.g. Nursery Supervisor/Manager.
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for health and Social care, and Children and Young Peoples Workforce.
Foundation Degree in Early Years.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.