Applied IT BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate at Leeds City College
Build yourself into a ready made employee to take on the world of IT. This course is perfect for progressing into an IT role or for moving on to a university to study an IT related degree.
We are sure you know how to use every filter on Snapchat, but do you know how to schedule social media posts for a business? This course will give you skills to utilise IT in your future employment.
The Extended Certificate is the first year of the course, with an optional second year topping up to the Diploma which will give you enough UCAS points for university.
- Information Technology systems
- Creating systems to manage information
- Using social media in business
- Website development
Want to work in Programming, Web Design, IT Systems, or Social Media? This course is perfect for you.
Our National Extended Certificate in Information Technology qualification runs over one year and is designed to be the first year of a two-year programme of study to support progression to university. It can also be used to increase your existing UCAS points to help you get to University once completed.
You will study a range of industry relevant IT areas, preparing you for employment within the IT and Business industry.
You will study:
- Information Technology Systems
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business
- Website Development
In addition, you will have English support to help you achieve your highest grade.
Work placement opportunities are available on this course.
Entry requirements can be a range of qualifications that should include minimum of four GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above (including at least one in Maths and English), or equivalent.
Students should have a genuine interest in IT and a commitment to complete homework and independent study by agreed deadlines.
Assessment is through portfolio, assignments and external assessments. Your course teachers will guide you through the assignment criteria for each unit and make sure you are prepared to achieve your best.
Your options after completing this course are:
- Continue to year two and top-up to the full Extended Diploma in IT
- Continue to year two and top up to the full Diploma in IT
- Continue to year two and top up to the Foundation Diploma in IT
- Continue to year two but study Business in either the Certificate, Extended Certificate or Foundation Diploma.
- Seek an apprenticeship or employment.
English and Maths will be built into your course if your grades are below 4/5
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.