Hospitality at John Willmott School (JWS)
LEVEL BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate
EXAMINATION BOARD EDEXCEL
This BTEC Level 2 qualification, broadly equivalent to 2 GCSEs, aims to give students a vocational taster of the hospitality industry, and provides a suitable foundation for progression to further study within this area, such as the BTEC National in Hospitality Level 3. Over the past few years, employment in this sector has increased faster than for the economy overall, although there are still significant skills gaps, particularly in customer service, interpersonal skills, supervisory skills, finance and employability skills, and the qualification seeks to develop these skills. In line with all other BTECs, it is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction through the production of 100% coursework.
SPECIFICATION AND UNITS OF STUDY
Students will cover a range of topics pertinent to the Hospitality Industry:
• Unit 1 - Investigate the Catering and Hospitality Industry
• Unit 2 - Products, Services and Support in the Hospitality Industry
• Unit 3 and 4 - Customer Service
• Unit 13 - Accommodation Services in Hospitality
• Unit 14 - Hospitality Post Office Operations
• Unit 15 - Planning and Running an Event
WHO TO CONTACT FOR INFORMATION Mrs V Neale
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Willmott School (JWS) directly.