Accounting and Business Level Two AAT Diploma at East Riding College
This course is aimed at people who would like to take their first step to becoming a finance professional, such as an accountant, auditor or self-employed professional bookkeeper. The combination of accounting and business topics means the learner will have an overall understanding of the business and financial environment. As well as giving you the skills and knowledge that employers are looking for, it will also teach personal skills which will help your employment prospects.
- Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Control accounts, journals and the banking system
- Basic costing
- Work effectively in accounting and finance
- Computerised accounting
- Spreadsheet software
- Introduction to payroll systems
- Computerised payroll systems
- Applied business communications and personal skills
- Developing study skills
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above which must include English and mathematics
- A satisfactory reference from school or college and a college interview
The course is classroom-based and the units willl be assessed by written and on-line external assessment methods.
You can progress to Level Three AAT Diploma in Accounting, the Level Three BTEC Diploma in Business or employment in the business, customer service, administration and service industries or an apprenticeship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.