Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma & Extended Diploma at NewVIc
Why do most countries invest so much in their Travel and Tourism industry? This sector is one of the fastest growing in the world and provides more than 250 million jobs worldwide. If you want to be a part of this exciting industry, then this is the subject for you. Through work experience and visits you will learn the skills required for work in this industry. You will gain insights and an understanding of this varied and interesting sector.
The course will focus on:
- developing your business and event management skills
- exploring the appeal of worldwide tourist destinations
- enhancing your employability in preparation for working in the sector
On the course you will:
- discover the way the industry works through investigations and case studies
- personally experience the industry through day and residential study visits (in the UK and Europe)
- discover the methods that are used to build a successful and vibrant sector
- work in the industry during a two-week work experience placement each year
- gain an insight in to the employability opportunities available within the sector
- gain a conversational modern foreign language NVQ
Four or more GCSEs (grade A*-C), including a grade 5 in Mathematics or English Language. Students currently taking an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma with Merit in a related subject and a grade 5 in either English Language or Mathematics.
In some circumstances improved performance in Functional Skills may be accepted where a GCSE has not yet been achieved.
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments.
You can choose from a wide range of options after completing your studies, including going on to higher education or entering employment in areas including the airline industry, Events Management, Hospitality or visitor attractions.
To help you develop your experience, you will be expected to participate in all visits. The college will be able to provide some assistance towards the cost of them.
Students recently visited Majorca to learn about the tourism industry, including the role of a Holiday Representative and the different attractions aimed at tourists.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.