Health and Social Care (Level 2) Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
This course is for those looking for a career in Health and Social Care.
- Introduction to Duty of Care
- Introduction to Communication
- Introduction to Personal Development
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection
- The Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
- Implement Person-Centred Approaches
- Contribute to Health and Safety
- Handling Information and a range of optional units
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
You need to have 5 GCSEs at grades D or above.
You will be assessed in the workplace for your practical skills and will produce a portfolio of evidence to show your understanding of the knowledge required.
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care.
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care.
Career Opportunities Include
- Care Assistant
- Support staff
Both in Health or Social Care settings.
You will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in a Health or Social Care setting. You will need to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and is commonly paid for by your employer. You will usually be supplied with a uniform.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.