Hairdressing Level 3 Certificate at Isle of Wight College
For those, looking to build on their Level 2 hairdressing skills; developing their Knowledge and practical ability to level 3.
This course is designed for those looking to explore their creativity and imagination in a practical based environment, gaining the skills relevant for a career in the hairdressing industry. This course enables CPD (continued professional development) as well as providing progression opportunities.
How to create elegant bridal styles, creative fashion coloring with basic colour correction, creative styling and dressing, re-cap basic cuts and developing new emerging cutting shapes and techniques, how to carry out an in depth consultation, interpersonal skills, team work and managing and monitoring Health and Safety.
Students should have at least one of the following:
- 4 A* -C GCSE’s and at least a grade C in English at GCSE Level or equivalent
- Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Hairdressing In addition you would require at least GCSE English at C or Level 2 Functional Skills English
- Current College students should have completed their main qualification including Maths and English
- Consistent good commitment, attendance at 88% and above, punctuality and reports from previous courses studied
The course is delivered by specialist staff, who have years of industry experience along with specialist qualifications. Teaching sessions incorporate a mixture of activities. These include practical demonstrations, theory inputs and practical skills
Students are assessed through a combination of internally assessed coursework and practical assessments along with online examinations. This helps students to develop core skills required for the industry which include ability to meet deadlines and retention of knowledge as well as application of skills in a practical environment.
These qualifications can be achieved after full completion of the Level 3 certificate in Hairdressing.
- Level 4 colour correction
- Level 4 management
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.