Marketing Apprenticeship Intermediate Level at Guildford College
The Intermediate Marketing Apprenticeship includes the Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Marketing.
- Collect and organise market research data
- Contribute to measuring the market response
- Work with other people in a business environment
- Improve own performance in a business environment
In addition to the NVQ mandatory units, further units will be selected to meet the needs of the employer and learner. Examples include:
- Contribute to conducting direct marketing campaigns
- Use digital and social media in marketing
- Plan and organise an event
- Website software
- Analyse competitor activity
- Database software
The mandatory and optional units are credit based and will make up the full competency qualification.
The Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Marketing provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding and includes:-
- Principles of marketing theory
- Understanding legal, regulatory and ethical requirements in sales or marketing
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
- Principles of customer relationships
- Principles of digital marketing
- Principles of market research
- Understanding the relationship between sales and marketing
There are no mandatory entry requirements for this Apprenticeship. However, employers are looking to attract apprentices who have a strong interest in working in Marketing
or Market Research. They are particularly interested in those who have an aptitude for design, an understanding of digital and communications technology and have confident communication skills on which the apprenticeship will build.
In order to become an apprentice you need to be in employment with an employer who will support you through your Apprenticeship.
Learners will be observed and assessed in the workplace to ensure all the competencies are met.
Regular review meetings will take place with the learner, assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
Evidence in the form of photographs, videos, witness statements, assignments etc. are uploaded on to an electronic e-portfolio which can be accessed by the Assessor to monitor progress.
Assessment for functional skills will take the form of written and on-line tests.
Intermediate apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Marketing or other level 3 Advanced Apprenticeships such as Sales & Telesales or Management.
Alternatively they may choose to move onto further education to undertake marketing, social research or other qualifications.
With additional training, apprentices may be able to progress in their careers to roles such as marketing co-ordinator, junior marketing executive/officer, advertising account executive or market researcher.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.