Animal Care City & Guilds Diploma Level 1 at Doncaster College
The course is designed for all ages who may be looking for an animal related career. It will provide you with the skills and vocational qualifications to work in an animal related environment.
The course is ideal for those who have a small amount of experience in the care of animals and wish to improve their knowledge and ability. You must commit to the course 100%.
The following mandatory units must be completed to achieve the qualification:
- Safe and Effective Working Practices in Land-based Industries
- Develop Performance in Land-based Industries
- Maintaining the Health and Wellbeing of Animals
- Feeding and Watering
- Preparation and Maintenance of Animal Accommodation
- Handling and Restraint of Animals
- Exercise of Animals.
Additional to your course you will also complete:
In addition to your course you will attend regular tutorials and complete an introduction to Work Skills. You will also complete Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths.
- Working at EL3 or above in Maths and English
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview.
This is a portfolio based assessment qualification. Assessments will be made on practical ability also knowledge and understanding of set criteria. The course is internally verified and externally verified by City & Guilds. Completion of all mandatory units is required to receive the full qualification.
On completion you may be able to progress to the Land-based Animal Care Diploma Level 2 or Horse Care Level 2.
Careers assisting within the animal industry including kennel/cattery assistant, pet shops, RSPCA, groom and any assistant animal technician post.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.