Business Administration Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
Learners are allocated a personal assessor who provide personal tutorial support and assessment at prearranged times. the qualification is tailored to suit the learner and employer by choosing most relevant optional units, which gives learners opportunity to:
develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the learners job role
develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems
develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills
have existing skills recognised
achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
The programme requires a selection of competency and knowledge based units.
- Communication in a Business Environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles or Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
There is a wide range of optional units, allowing the learner to tailor the qualification to their job role, these include a range of competency and knowledge based units.
- Administer the Recruitment Selection Process
- Organise Business Travel or Accommodation
- Provide Reception Services
- Provide Administrative Support for Meetings
- Manage Diary Systems
- Collate and Report Data
- Contribute to the Organisation of an event
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer Finance
- Produce Business Documents
- Meet and Welcome Visitors
- Use a Telephone and Voicemail 1 2 20 System
- Understand the Use of Research in Business
- Principles of Marketing Theory
- Principles of Digital Marketing
- Principles of Customer Relationships
- Understand Working in a Customer Service Environment
- Know How to Publish, Integrate and Share Using Social Media
- Exploring Social Media
- Understand the Safe Use of Online and Social Media Platforms
- Principles of Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
- Principles of Team Leading
To complete the apprenticeship, the learner must also complete:
- Functional skills for English, Maths and ICT at level 1.
- Personal learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Employment rights and responsibilities (ERR)
A Combined (Competence and Knowledge) qualification is a work-based qualification that combines competence and technical knowledge to give learners the practical competencies, technical skills and sector-related knowledge they need to be able to carry out a job effectively. Candidates will complete an initial assessment to establish suitability, as this is a work orientated qualification, for learners who are employed within the business administration sector such as administrator, office junior, receptionist, medical receptionist, junior legal secretary or junior medical secretary.
This programme is delivered through a range of assessment methods including observations, discussions, case studies, knowledge questions and witness testimonies. The functional skills exams are online assessments, delivered in the work place. The principles units, will be taught in the classroom again, there are options for this, meeting employer and learner needs.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Diploma in Customer Service level 2
Diploma in Team Leading level 2
Diploma in Business Administration level 3
Diploma in Customer Service level 3
Diploma in Management level 3
Job roles such as Office Executive, Office Supervisor and Personal Assistant
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.