Drama & Theatre Studies AS/A2 Level at Alexandra Park School
The core skills being developed in this qualification are:
- The ability to recognise and understand the interrelationship between performer, designer and director.
- The understanding that texts and extracts studied may represent a range of social, historical and cultural contexts.
- The ability to analyse and evaluate their own work and the work of others.
The ability to understand how performance texts can be interpreted and performed.
Students who would benefit most from this course will have one or more of the following:
- GCSE grade A* - C for English
- Achievement at Key Stage 4 in an Arts subject
A keen interest in drama and theatre is a pre-requisite for entry to the course
Coursework and Exams.
The qualification will enable students to:
Study drama and theatre or a performing arts subject in higher education at HND or degree level.
Gain a Level 3 qualification that will contribute to the points required for entry to a range of HNDs and Degrees in related subjects.
Gain access to a range of people-orientated careers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Alexandra Park School directly.