Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals at Barton Peveril Sixth Form College
- At least five GCSEs A*- C to include Science
- Merit grade in Cambridge National Sport (Level 2) or a BTEC First in Sport (Level 2) if taken
- Level 2 Certificate in Instructing Fitness, good knowledge of gym based exercises and good level of experience in the fitness industry will also be taken into consideration
- Applicants must have completed two years at Barton Peveril to apply for this one year course
- Assessment based on coursework/portfolio, observations and test papers
- Supports any university application as well as providing direct entry into employment in the fitness industry
- Additional Level 2 instructing awards in kettlebell and circuit sessions are covered within the course
The Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals is suitable if you want to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector and gain employment as a personal trainer. It is particularly suitable if you want to work as personal trainer in a self-employed environment and build your own business. It will provide you with the knowledge and skills to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes and personal training sessions to a range of clients. It will also provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop your own business and marketing strategies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Barton Peveril Sixth Form College directly.