OCR Cambridge Technical Sport Level 3 Diploma at Nottingham Academy
If you have an enthusiasm for sport and would like to learn
more about the components behind what makes sports, and
athletes, the way they are today, then this course will
You will study 4 mandatory units in Year 12, alongside 3
additional units to gain a full A-Level.
In Year 13 a further 6 units are studied to gain a further A-Level.
Units covered at Introductory Diploma
– Unit 1: Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport.
– Unit 2: Sports Coaching.
– Unit 3: Current Issues in Sport.
– Unit 4: The physiology of fitness.
– Unit 5: Sports Nutrition.
– Unit 15: Injury in Sport.
– Unit 19: Organising Sports Events.
Units covered at Diploma
– Unit 6: Sport Psychology for Sports Performance.
– Unit 13: Leadership in Sport.
– Unit 12: Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology.
– Unit 23: Fitness Training and Programming.
– Unit 24: Sport Development.
– Unit 25: Fitness testing for Sport and Exercise.
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C or above in English, mathematics
Assignments will be assessed in a variety of ways. Tasks will
be in the form of written reports, debates, and presentations,
and will be marked in accordance with OCR. An external
moderator will then visit twice per year to check the grades
awarded to students.
Students completing this course can go on to university to
study sports based degrees. Alternatively a career in sports
coaching and/or development is possible.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Academy directly.