Sports Development, Coaching & Fitness BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma & Extended Diploma at NewVIc
You will develop your interpersonal communication skills and learn to understand issues that affect personal sports performance. You will cover topics that link closely to specific employment areas and have the opportunity to work with children in the community. Learn about fitness testing programmes and the nutritional value of diet and performance. There are also opportunities to participate in the Sports Leadership Academy.
The course will focus on:
- fitness testing and fitness training
- Anatomy and Physiology
- practical sports (team and individual)
- nutrition for sports performance
On the course you will:
- develop communication skills and leadership qualities through organising sports events
- study theoretical aspects of sports performance
- plan, implement and evaluate fitness training programmes
- work productively within a team
- have the chance to gain a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification
- experience an exciting course-related residential visit
Four or more GCSEs (grade A*-C), including a grade 5 in Mathematics or English Language. Students currently studying an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma with Merit in a related subject and a grade 5 in either English Language or Mathematics.
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments.
You will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) form confirming that you have no criminal convictions that prevent you from working with children or vulnerable adults. It will be administered by the college at the start of the course. The cost is £20 (non-refundable).
As part of the programme, students will have the opportunity to experience a course-related residential as part of their second year studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.