Creative Media Production (Games Development) Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma at East Riding College
This course is for anyone interested in the computer games industry as an artist, or who wishes to study at degree level in a related discipline. The core units provide a broad overview of creating graphics for today's consoles and computer games, while the optional units provide a more in-depth exploration of production techniques.
- Pre-production and research techniques
- Creative media production management project
- Working to a brief in the creative media industries
- Understanding the computer games industry
- Computer game platforms and technologies
Plus optional units including:
- 3D modelling
- Drawing concept art for computer games
- Computer game design and story development
- Flash and digital graphics for computer games
- Four GCSEs at grade A* to C, including English, or equivalent qualifications
- A good standard of written and verbal communication is desirable
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
- A qualification related to media would be desirable
- An initial assessment
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
This qualification gives you access to higher education in the form of a degree or other courses including our related level four higher national certificates, Level Five BTEC Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (fashion, graphic design and interactive media pathways also available) and Foundation Degree (FdA) in Applied Digital Media and BA Hons in Contemporary Media, Design and Production.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.