EAL Performing Engineering Operations (Fabrication & Welding) Level 1 at Coleg Sir Gar
- Introductory course for those with no previous experience
- Recognised qualification
- First stage of the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Can progress to Level 2 upon successful completion
- Vocational course with no written exams
- Assessment based on completing a Portfolio and satisfying the performance criteria of each unit by practical work, logbook entries and completion of knowledge questions
The course has been designed to satisfy candidates who want to acquire basic engineering competences in welding and fabrication in a sheltered, controlled environment. It is suitable for school leavers or new starters in engineering and manufacturing wanting to specialise in welding and fabrication.
No formal qualifications are required but an interest in welding and commitment to an apprenticeship are essential.
Continuous assessment of practical coursework and portfolio development.
Completion of the course could allow successful students to progress to an Engineering Apprenticeship, and move on to level 2.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.