English Language A Level at The Latimer Arts College
- Enjoy writing stories, radio and TV scripts and other texts for different audiences and purposes?
And would you like to:
- Investigate the language of rock and pop songs?
- Explore the different ways that men and women talk to each other and about each other?
- Develop your editorial writing skills?
- Analyse the way children learn to speak, write and spell?
- Evaluate the effect that America and the media are having on our language?
If the answer is YES, then A Level English Language is for you!
- Language and the Individual
- Language Varieties and Attitudes to Language
- Language, the Individual and Society
- Language Diversity and Change
- Coursework: Language in Action – a language investigation and a piece of original writing and commentary
GCSE English Literature & Language Grade B
To achieve the A Level you will be examined in 3 areas.
The A Level includes an element of coursework worth 20% of your final A Level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Latimer Arts College directly.