Art & Design A Level at Blyth Academy
This course is particularly suitable for those who wish to study Art and Design or related subjects at a higher level or who wish to pursue a career in the Arts. You will have the opportunity to develop personal responses to ideas, observations, experiences, environments and cultures in practical, critical and contextual forms.
To complete the course you complete 2 units at AS level and 2 units at A2 level.
You will be required to develop and show a range of skills including:
• Independence of mind in developing their own ideas / An interest and enthusiasm for art and design
• The experience of working with a range of media, including traditional and new media and technologies
Students must achieve 5 A*‐ C grades including English and Maths. Students must achieve a B Grade in all chosen A Level subjects.
Year 12 In year 12 you will be expected to successfully complete two units as follows:
- Unit 1 – Coursework Porƞolio (50% of AS, 25% of A Level)
- Unit 2 – AS Externally Set Assignment (50% of AS, 25% of A Level)
The design brief for this unit of work will be set by AQA. This will cover drawing, painting, mixed media and three dimensional work and artist research.
Year 13 In year 13 you will be expected to successfully complete two units as follows:
- Unit 3 – Personal Investigation (25% of A Level)
BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art & Design or Degrees in Fine Art, Fashion, Textiles, Graphic Design, Interior Design or 3D Design.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blyth Academy directly.