Biology A Level at Sunderland College
This course is ideal if you are interested in the biological sciences. If you are enthusiastic and motivated the course will give you an ideal platform from which to launch your career into biomedical sciences, life sciences, forensic science, medicine, dentistry or environmental sciences.
- You will study a range of subjects over the two years.
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- How organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystem
- The control if gene expression.
You’ll need a minimum of five GCSEs at grade C or above including grade B (or above) in Biology, another Science subject and Mathematics.
If students have not studied separate science subjects then the course requires at least grade B in Core Science and grade B in Additional Science, as well as a grade B in Mathematics.
On this course you will learn through a combination of lectures, demonstrations, workshops, practical sessions, discussion activities and external visits. Independent learning skills are essential to your progress and you will develop them through wider reading and practicing past exam questions. At the end of your second year you will sit three exams.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sunderland College directly.