Brickwork Level 2 City & Guilds Diploma at Weymouth College
This course is aimed at people employed within the Construction Industry with Brickwork experience or those who have completed Level 1. There is an externally set test and a practical phase test.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- Information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- Knowledge of building methods & construction technology 2
- Building methods and construction technology 2
- Know how to interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Knowledge of thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Know how to build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Know how to build cavity walling forming masonry structures
- Build cavity walling forming masonry structures
There are no age restrictions on this course; mature students with an interest in the Construction Industry are welcome. You will require an interview with the course tutor, demonstrating interest and commitment to study.
There is continuous assessment throughout the course. There are externally set multi-choice question papers and a practical phase test.
On successful completion of this course you can progress on to NVQ Level 2 Brickwork and employment in the industry. If you have a work placement and can gain work based evidence you may be able to undertake an NVQ 2 in Brickwork during this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weymouth College directly.