Health and Social Care Cambridge Technical Level 3 Diploma at Feversham College
The OCR Cambridge Technical in Health and Social Care has been developed to recognise candidates’ skills, knowledge and understanding of the health and social care sector and the settings, job roles, principles and values involved.
Cambridge Technical in Health and Social Care will equip students with a sound, specialist knowledge as well as skills for everyday use. They will also challenge all students by introducing them to demanding materials and skills, encouraging independence and creativity.
The OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical in Health and Social Care encapsulate this through a wide range of units such as learning about an individual’s rights and needs, cultural diversity, the impact of diet, and coping with changes in life stages. It is an ideal foundation for students entering the workplace, providing them with a theoretical background reinforced with practical skills that transfer into the modern workplace.
The following Level 3 Cambridge Technical qualifications are offered (they are studied over 2 years):
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma in Health and Social Care (720glh) – Equivalent to 2 A levels
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (1080 glh) – Equivalent to 3 A levels
Students will complete a range of units from those provided by OCR. There will be key mandatory units and optional units which will be covered throughout the course. The units will carry a weighting of 30. 60. or 90 glh and will add up to 720 or 1080 for the Diploma or Extended Diploma qualification respectively.
Below are some of the MANDATORY level 3 units :
- Unit 1 - Building positive relationships in health and social care (Internally assessed-60glh)
- Unit 2 - Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care (Externally assessed-60glh)
- Unit 3 - Health, safety and security in health and social care (Externally assessed-60glh)
- Unit 4 - Anatomy and physiology for health and social care (Externally assessed-90glh)
- Unit 5 - Infection Control (Internally assessed-60glh)
- Unit 6 - Personalisation and a person-centred approach to care (Externally assessed-60glh)
- Unit 7 - Safeguarding (Externally assessed-60glh)
- Unit 8 - Creativity and activity for children and young people (Internally assessed-60glh)
There will also be a range of Optional units that will be covered throughout Year 12 and Year 13.
The GCSE profile of students following the vocational pathway is 5 A*- C including English.
Cambridge Tech Diploma in Health and Social Care(2 year course). Equivalent to 2 A Levels . Cambridge Tech Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care(2 year course). Equivalent to 3 A Levels .
The course has a mixture of internal and external assessment. This means that there will be a number of coursework units along with exams.
The OCR Cambridge Technical has been designed to accredit candidates’ achievements in a modern and practical way that is relevant to the workplace. They do not certificate competence on the job but are work-related qualifications which will support progression into further job-related training or education. These qualifications specifically aim to: Students will develop the skills needed to prepare them for entry into employment at trainee levels within a wide range of health, social care and early year’s environments. Many students can undertake part-time study with the support of their employer. The skills, knowledge and understanding developed on the course can lead students towards further qualification such as a degree, level 4 qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Feversham College directly.