Design, Engineer, Construct! level 3 Applied course at Heathcote School & Science College
You will learn:
- What is meant by sustainability and sustainable design within the built environment and construction sector;
- How to work with clients to promote community cohesion and develop an appropriate and aesthetically appealing outcome.
- Building Information Modelling skills.
- Architectural skills in schematic and design development.
- Energy efficiency and post occupancy behaviour.
- Planning Constraints
- Sustainable procurement and resource efficiency.
- Applied construction mathematics.
- Learning about key roles within the built environment and construction industry, including the following:
- building services engineering
- land surveying and site engineering
- landscape design
- facilities management
You will learn through:
Work with industry professionals to develop knowledge and skills needed for employment.
Presentations of ideas providing practical experiences needed to underpin lifelong learning.
High-level written analysis and evaluation reinforcing learning in the core subjects of English, mathematics and science.
CAD drawings using Revit software to develop practical skills in creativity and problem solving in technological contexts of personal interest.
Research activities to develop an understanding of community and society.
Revision of safe, secure and responsible attitudes to working with other people.
Group activities to develop the skills for working collaboratively using IT.
Discussion work to develop knowledge in the field of critical evaluation and feedback.
Te study Design, Engineer, Construct you will need 5 or more GCSEs at A* -C including English, mathematics and a keen intererst in the construction industry.
All candidates must complete the coursework before being eligible to take the exam.
Students can progress into higher education, apprenticeships or employment.
Design, Engineer, Construct careers include:
- civil engineering
- structural engineering
- land surveying
- landscape designing
- quantity surveying
- construction management
- digital engineering
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heathcote School & Science College directly.