History at Brentwood County High School
The course offers you the opportunity to study History in length and breadth as well as in depth, to develop expertise in a variety of skills and to acquire and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the periods studied. It will allow you to:
- Acquire and effectively communicate knowledge and understanding of selected periods of history.
- Develop your interest in and enthusiasm for history.
- Explore the significance of events, individuals, issues and societies in history.
- Understand the nature of historical evidence and the methods used by historians in analysis and evaluation.
- Develop your understanding of how the past has been interpreted and represented.
- Develop your understanding of the nature of historical study; for example, that history is concerned with judgements based on available evidence and that historical judgements may be provisional.
- Develop your understanding of historical terms and concepts.
You will study The USA 1890 to 1945 and The Impact of Stalin’s Leadership in the USSR, 1928-1941 for AS level and The Making of Modern Britain, 1951-2007 and a Historical Enquiry –currently students are either investigating the Tudor period or anti-Semitism in Germany 1800-1945 for A2 level.
Students must have at least grade B in the subjects chosen for study
Must have at least grade C in English.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brentwood County High School directly.