Women's Hairdressing VRQ Level 2 Diploma at Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College
The VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing (QCF) is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; the creative art of cutting or dressing women’s hair, how to provide effective shampooing and conditioning services, the artistic skill of colouring and lightening hair and how to provide a good consultation service for your clients.
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your practical skills to a high level of occupational ability to enable you to perform salon services.
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Working in the hair industry
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair
- Cut womens hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Display stock to promote sales in a salon
- Promote products and services to clients
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Plaiting and twisting hair
2 - 4 GCSEs grade A* - D (preferably including English and Maths), or A recognised Level 1 qualification
You will need to purchase salon wear, Level 2 hairdressing kit, textbooks and a fee towards consumables used on the course.
Continual assessments throughout the course Written assignments Written / online exams Practical assessments undertaken on paying clients
- Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Hairdressing (Trade test may be required during progression interview)
- Employment in a hairdressing salon
- Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College directly.