Sport BTEC Level 2 Diploma at South Tyneside College
This course will offer the students opportunities to study various aspects and topics within the sporting industry such as; Injuries within sport, anatatomy and Physiology, Health and Wellbeing, Leadership and Outdoor adventurous Activities.
The Level 2 Diploma in Sport is a one year course and consists of 3 core units, 4 Mandatory units and 4 - 6 optional units of which at least two must be chosen from Group A.: Course Units:
- Unit 1: Fitness for Sport and Exercise
- Unit 2: Practical Sports Performance
- Unit 14: Carrying Out a Sports-related project Mandatory Units
- Unit 3: The Mind and Sports Performance
- Unit 4: The Sports Performer in Action
- Unit 5: Training for Personal Fitness
- Unit 7: Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Performance Optional Group A Units (Two are needed from this group)
- Unit 15: Designing Exercise Programmes
- Unit 17: Facility Operations for Sport and Leisure
- Unit 18: Expedition Experience
- Unit 19: Practical Land-Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Unit 20: Practical Water-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activity Leadership
- Unit 24: Work Experience in Sport Group B Units Unit 6: Leading Sports Activities Unit 8: Promotion and Sponsorship in Sport
- Unit 9: Lifestyle and Well-being
- Unit 10: Injury and the Sports Performer
- Unit 11: Running a Sports Event
- Unit 12: The Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- Unit 13: Profiling Sports Performance
- Unit 16: The Provision of Sport and Active Leisure
- Unit 23: Sport Community Volunteering
2 GCSEs Grade D or above
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport include two externally assessed units. The remaining units are internally assessed. Internal assessment allows learners to develop a wider range of skills and provide evidence towards meeting the unit assessment criteria. Evidence for assessment can be generated through a range of activities, including role play, practical performance and verbal presentations.
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport is aimed at indviduals who may be considering a career within or associated with the sporting industry. It may also be used as an entry requirement for the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Tyneside College directly.