Biology A level at The Littlehampton Academy
The up to date course provides students with a real insight into the world of modern medicine, disease, the way our bodies cope with disease and new exciting advances in treatments. Students will explore the variety of life and the way it has evolved, learning classic theories with modern ways of interpreting them. You will have the freedom to explore areas of interest within the field of biology in the form of two internally assessed projects. At this stage it is important that you are able to start to choose your own path in education, with biology you will have some freedom to be able to do this at AS and A level.
- Unit 1 BIOL1 Biology and disease
- Unit 2 BIOL2 The variety of living organisms
- Unit 3 Internal Assessment - Investigative and practical skills in AS Biology
- Unit 4 BIOL4 Populations and environment
- Unit 5 BIOL5 Control in cells and in organisms Unit 6 Internal Assessment - Investigative and practical skills in A2 Biology
A-level Biology is a great choice for people who want a career in health and clinical professions, including medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, physiotherapy, nursing and forensic science.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Littlehampton Academy directly.