Horse Care Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Bicton College
This programme is aimed at enabling you to train and gain a qualification whilst working in the equine industry. Apprenticeships offer a good basis to a career in the equine industry. You can learn practical skills and expertise in the care, welfare and supervision of horses and achieve nationally recognised qualifications.
Suggested course content (optional units are offered to suit your employment):
- Grooming, rugs and bandages
- Riding on the flat and over fences
- Stable Management
- Technical Certificate
- Award in Business
You will also work towards nationally recognised Functional Skills qualifications (English and Maths).
You will need to have achieved the following:
- Initial Assessment results should show that you are working at Level 1
- Relevant work experience and knowledge of your chosen industry
- A suitable work placement
In addition, it would be helpful if you have the following:
- GCSEs at grades A-D in English and Maths or equivalent
- A good reference
There is a 13 stone weight limit at College.
You will also work towards nationally recognised functional qualifications in English, Maths and ICT.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bicton College directly.