A2 Health and Social Care at John Colet School
Year 13 A level:
Unit F919: Care Practice and Provision. 50 marks 33%
- Planning and provision of services
- Effects of national policy and legislation
- How quality assurance is promoted
- Conducting a survey
- How to meet individual needs
Unit F922 Child Development 50 marks 33%
- Developing and monitoring
- Factors that influence development and norms
- The role of play in development
- How to plan and make a learning activity for a child.
5 grade A*- C GCSE subjects, which must include: A*- C in Maths, and English Language or Literature and Science (may be Core, or Additional or Triple).
Prior study at GCSE in Health and Social Care will be useful to students but not essential. This course prepares students to enter a variety of courses in Health and Social Care and related subjects. It also provides a progression route for further training whilst in employment.
Develops knowledge and understanding of issues affecting the health and social sector.
- Develop skills that will enable them to make an effective contribution to the care sector.
- Enables students to apply knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Preparation for further study and training.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Colet School directly.