Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 1 Diploma at Brooklands College
This course will provide you with grounding in the basic principles of the travel industry. It will help you gain familiarity with various avenues of work within the travel industry. You will also develop customer service and organisational skills.
Who is the course suitable for?
This course is ideal if you are looking for training which will prepare you for sales and customer service employment within a retail travel agent, tour operator or an airline.
- Conduct at Work
- Researching a Tourist Destination
- Planning for and taking part in a Visit
- Displaying Travel Information
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Displaying Travel and Tourism Products and Services
- Planning a Trip to a Visitor Attraction
- Schedule, Charter and Low- Cost Holidays
- Travel and Tourism Group Project
- Planning for a job in Travel and Tourism
- Recommending a Package Holiday
You will also participate in a range of Work and Functional Skills
You need GCSEs passes grade D or below.
You will be assessed through a portfolio of evidence showing your skills and knowledge of every unit covered.
You will be required to pay £100 towards visits. Your tutor will provide details of these at the start of the course.
Students are allocated a certain amount of free printing, after which a small fee will be incurred.
Following successful completion of this course you can progress onto the City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism / Level 2 Award Resort Representation.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brooklands College directly.