Painting & Decorating Level 3 Diploma at Somerset College
The Level 3 Diploma develops learner’s painting and decorating skills at an advanced level. The course covers a wide range of skills that are required for industry. With a large focus on practical skills, you will be taught and set practical tasks that require the production of advanced painting and decorative skills.
The Level 3 units are:
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Applying hangings to walls and ceilings
- Producing Specialist decorative finishes for decorative work
- Producing specialist architectural finishes
- Applying water-borne paint systems using airless equipment
- Applying water-borne paint-systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
- Health, safety and welfare
Entrants to this course will normally have undertaken the Level 2 Diploma in painting and decorating. Acceptance is via interview and prior experience will be taken into consideration.
Your painting and decorating knowledge and skills will be assessed in a range of ways by your course tutor. These will include:
• Observation of your practical work
• End of unit practical tests (marked against industry standards)
• Production of a portfolio of your knowledge and practical work
• On-line multiple choice end of unit knowledge tests
• Practical and knowledge workbooks
You can gain employment and work towards an NVQ qualification in the workplace with an employer. You could progress on to a higher level construction course. The college has a range of design, supervisory and management construction courses up to level 7. These include, National Diplomas, HNC’s and civil engineering qualifications.
Gain employment with a construction company or enter the industry as a self-employed tradesperson. You could then work your way up to a supervisory or site management position.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somerset College directly.