Physics AS/A2 at Rednock School
This course flexible approach where the specification is divided into topics, each covering different key concepts of physics. As you progress through the course, you’ll build on their knowledge of the laws of physics, applying you’re understanding to areas from sub-atomic particles to the entire universe.
Physics A content is split into six teaching modules:
- Modules 1 to 4 constitute the stand-alone AS Level qualification
- Modules 1 to 6, combined with the Practical Endorsement, constitute the full A Level.
The modules can be summarised as:
- Module 1: Development of practical skills.
- Module 2: Foundations of physics.
- Module 3: Forces and motion.
- Module 4: Electrons, waves, and photons.
- Module 5: Newtonian world and astrophysics.
- Module 6: Particles and medical physics.
At AS Level:
Papers 1 and 2 can assess any content from Modules 1 to 4.
At A Level:
Paper 1 assesses content from Modules 1, 2, 3 and 5
Paper 2 assesses content from Modules 1, 2, 4 and 6 plus any material appropriately flagged within the specification from Modules 3 and 5
Paper 3 assesses content from Modules 1 to 6.
Achieved Grade ‘B’ or above in both GCSE Science and GCSE Additional Science or GCSE Separate Sciences and have achieved the minimum of a Grade ‘B’ in GCSE English and an A in Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rednock School directly.