Media Studies AS & A Level at Hampstead School
AS Year 12
- Foundation Portfolio in Media 50% (coursework)
- Research, Planning, Production, Evaluation: Magazines
- Key Media Concepts 50% (exam)
- Textual Analysis and Representation: Television Drama
- Institutions and Audiences: Film and Music
A Level Year 13
- Advanced Portfolio in Media 50% (coursework)
- Research, Planning, Production, Evaluation: Moving Image Music Videos and Film
- Critical Perspectives in Media 50% (exam)
- Theoretical Evaluation of Production
- Contemporary Media Issues – Media and Collective Identity
Preferably Media Studies at GCSE Level, achieving a minimum C Grade.
An enthusiasm to explore how the world is presented to us by the media industry locally, nationally and globally. Plus a willingness to develop a critical understanding of the media through engagement with media products and concepts and through the creative application of practical skills. You also must be driven to become independent in research skills and their application.
Career options in Media Studies are diverse. A level Media Studies will help prepare you for a future career in the industry. Media Studies students enter into further study at university level or specialist higher education schools in a variety of media industries. A level Media Studies will also provide opportunities for a future within film, music or gaming industries, news reporting, either as a journalist writing for print and online publications, or perhaps as a researcher or presenter within the television or radio sectors, advertising, marketing and public relations as well as graphic design, web-design, photography and education and research.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hampstead School directly.