Carpentry & Joinery C&G Level 1 Diploma at Macclesfield College
This course will introduce you to carpentry and joinery skills and will allow you to learn, develop and practice these skills required for employment and/or career progression in carpentry and joinery.
During this course you will cover the following units:
- Safe working practices in construction
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Produce basic woodworking joints
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
For this course you will need to have achieved 2 GCSEs grade G or above (equivalent qualifications or experience could be considered on an individual basis).
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
You will be assessed through a combination of practical evidence, course work and online tests.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successul achievement of this course you may wish to:
- Apply to study the Level 2 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
- Apply for an Apprenticeship in the construction industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.