Carpentry and Joinery Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career carpenter/joiner?
This programme allows you to develop a range of advanced skills, taking your knowledge of the trade to a more specialised level. You will gain the expertise to work independently, and you will be equipped to take on supervisory roles.
The programme is suitable for students progressing from Carpentry and Joinery Level 2, and will build on the knowledge gained at that level. It is also suitable for people with practical experience at a suitable level. Students can choose to study one of two routes at this level: site carpentry or bench joinery.
This programme is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment (RWE)
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 2, or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of basic mathematics
- Good standard of written and oral communication
- GCSEs in Maths and English at grade C are desirable
- An interview is required and you will be asked to declare any unspent criminal convictions
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
Completion of this programme will give you the skills and qualification to progress into self-employment or employment with a firm or contractor.
You will have gained advanced technical knowledge and supervisory skills, and will be able to work in a position of responsibility.
You could proceed onto a number of higher education programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Construction (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- HNC Building Studies (available at Bangor)
- HNC Construction (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Civil & Structural Engineer
- Environmental Consultant
- Gas Installation & Maintenance Engineer
- Painter & Decorator
- Town & Country Planner
Programme code: 0502C03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.