Public Services - BTEC Level 3 Diploma at City and Islington College
The course will give you the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life within the Public Services.
You'll study a range of topics including:
- Government, policies and public services
- Leadership and teamwork in the public services and citizenship
- Citizenship and diversity
- Crime and its effects on society,
- Planning and management of major incidents.
The course includes a vocational placement and GCSE English and Maths. You will also go on trips and visits.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language and a grade D in Maths GCSE
- BTEC Level 2 qualification at merit or above in a related subject and Level 1 or above in Functional Skills English
- Experience of working with the public would be useful
- Applicants must also have good references (academic and work experience), interview and assessment.
- Your commitment and interest in the subject will also be assessed during the interview process.
You will be assessed through course-work, presentations and tests throughout the course.
You will have a qualification in BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Public Services. After the course you can progress to university, or public services such as the Police Force, Army or Royal Air Force.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City and Islington College directly.