Level 3 Fashion at Rotherham College
Dream of producing contemporary art that captures the world’s imagination?
Have a creative flare to produce glamorous gowns, amazing apparel or fascinating fashions?
Can you convey real-life clients’ ideas into memorable designs?
Then studying Arts at Rotherham College will prepare you for a career in art and design, fashion or graphic design. Art and design students will use a variety of materials and skills, developing a portfolio of work, culminating in an exhibition that will give you the opportunity to showcase your designs in a professional setting.
Fashion students will build the skills needed to become a clothing designer, a fashion buyer for a leading retailer, or go on to further study. The specialised workshops replicate those out in the industry and you’ll have the opportunity to see your work/designs on the catwalk at the end of year fashion shows.
Graphic design students will create a portfolio of work to build confidence and creative ability.
You’ll work on real projects and compete in competitions. Previous students have worked with companies such as Howells Solicitors, No 26 Makers Emporium and Human Studio.
A career in the fashion and clothing industry could be your next step. In the future you could become a clothing designer or a fashion buyer for a leading retailer.
What will I study?
•Explore a wide range of disciplines within art and design including fine art, graphic design/ illustration, fashion and textiles or photography •You will develop your technical skills
•Receive support with your UCAS application including portfolio-building sessions, interview preparation, personal statement writing and a visit to the Art and Design UCAS Fair
•Study units include: information and research; pattern cutting; garment making; designing fashion items and hosting events
•You will take part in educational visits including a second year residential to a major European city and galleries throughout the UK
What added value will I receive?
• The fashion studios are excellently resourced with a range of professional standard sewing machines
• Fashion shows are an important part of the course where students have the opportunity to show off the high standards of their work
• Industry specialists are invited to talk to students to prepare you for progression into the industry or onto further study
• Four GCSEs at grade C or above including English and an art or textiles related subject
• Or successful completion of a Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design (Merit grade or above)
• A portfolio of art, design and/or textiles work
- Fashion visualisation, promotion and presentation techniques or developing costume design techniques
- Garment and accessory production, textile techniques and computer aided design.
- Participate in live audience fashion shows and life briefs
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees. Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees. Contact the Enquiries on the details below for advice and guidance on:
T: 01709 722777
After completing the Level 3 you can choose to head straight into employment in the industry or progress onto Higher Education with a HND or degree level programme.
For more details please contact the Enquiry Team on:
T: 01709 722777
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.