Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Intermediate Level 2 at Southampton City College
This apprenticeship is suitable for you if you want to start a career or develop your existing skills in painting and decorating. As a painting and decorating apprentice you will develop your practical hand skills and technical knowledge required to work in the construction industry as a professional and competent painter and decorator. You will work on projects ranging from re-decorating homes and commercial buildings (using paint, varnish and/or wallpaper) to applying heavy-duty finishes to large structures, like bridges.
Suitable job roles
- Painter and Decorator
- Industrial Painting Artist
- Matte Painting Compositor
Main duties will include:
- Measuring surface areas to work out how much paint or wall covering is required
- Stripping off old wallpaper
- Filling holes and cracks and levelling surfaces
- Preparing surfaces with primer and undercoat
- Mixing paint to the right shade
- Applying layers of paint and hanging wallpaper
No previous qualifications are required and a full assessment will take place to ensure you have the skills to complete the qualification. Those wishing to progress onto an advanced apprenticeship will require GCSE’s A*-C in English and maths (or equivalent) or demonstrate, through the assessment process, that you are able to achieve this.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.