Complementary Therapies C&G VRQ Diploma Level 3 at Hugh Baird College
This course will develop higher level skills in a range of Complementary Therapies including specialist massage, aromatherapy and reflexology. You will also study anatomy, physiology and business practices, which will prepare you for employment as a therapist in a range of settings.
The course is mostly practical based which will give you the opportunity to develop your skills within our dedicated beauty salons. To support the development of practical skills and prepare you for further study or employment, you will also gain a knowledge of anatomy and physiology in relation to Complementary Therapies. You will gain insight in to establishing yourself as a therapist in a range of settings.
During the course you will also have the opportunity to undertake a high quality work placement.
The programme also includes studying Maths and English towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades.
- Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies
- Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
- Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapies
- Provide Body Massage for Complementary Therapies
- Provide Aromatherapy for Complementary Therapies
- Provide Reflexology for Complementary Therapies
- Healthy Eating and Wellbeing for the Complementary Therapy Client
- Complementary Therapies - Level 2
- Beauty / Spa Therapy - Level 2 or 3
- Appropriate experience in the industry
All applicants will be required to perform a practical skills test and complete an entrance exam.
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Beauty Therapist
- Holistic Therapist
- Salon or Spa Manager
- Spa Attendant
- Mobile Therapist
- Cruise Liner Therapist
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.